Sport Premium is funding that schools must use to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer. This means that the Primary PE and Sport Premium should be used to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers.
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
How Salisbury Primary plan on spending the funding:
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games competitions
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- To increase opportunity and experiences for all children to become more physically active
- To encourage and provide Outdoor Adventure Activities and experiences
- To provide additional swimming lessons to boost the percentage of children able to swim and increase competitive swimming
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- To ensure Salisbury Primary is a physically active and healthy school
We will ensure that all children will benefit from the funding regardless of sporting ability and that children will have the opportunity to participate in sporting competitions with the most able children are given the opportunity to compete in advanced tournaments.
Schools are required to publish details of how they spend this funding as well as on the impact it has on pupils’ PE and sport participation and attainment. It is recommended that schools regularly update the table and publish it on their website as evidence of their ongoing review into how they are using the money to secure maximum, sustainable impact.
Sport Premium Evidence
Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium 2019-20
Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium 2018-19
Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE and Sports Premium 2017-18